View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my 370 new out-of-state about six weeks ago. None of my local dealers could/would get me what I wanted for less than MSRP. Shopping online and buying via e-mail and a few phone calls was fairly painless. Nissan's website makes it very easy to find most dealers' exact inventory online, and the dealers that I contacted were quite responsive to my requests for information.

I did not have a trade-in as my teenager was "inheriting" my old car, and he was more than willing to go on a 500-mile road trip to pick up a new car and drive my old one back home!

FYI, I paid no sales tax in the state of purchase, but I had to pay it (actually a "user fee") in my state when I got my tag.

No regrets at all. Not even for a second when the salesperson at a local dealer that I had been working with e-mailed me 2-3 weeks after my purchase telling me that they had received exactly what I had wanted in a new shipment. I don't know if they would have been more giving on the price for that vehicle or not. If they don't even know what they have coming in the next month, that is the dealership's problem if they miss some sales.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote