View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #136 (permalink)
JohnsZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWillis72 View Post
He is a great kid and student (unlike me) so I couldn't say no. I don't have to worry about this one drinking, we leave him home for weekend all the time and have never had one problem and I have neighbors that keep an eye on him. Since the car is supercharged I have a tune on it just in case this happened (4000 rpm and 60 mph) but it's still my car with a kid driving it. I need another drink!
Ask the parents who have needlessly lost their child in a senseless fatal car crash and they'll say that their kids were great too. The operative word here is "kids" and that's what they are. I would let my kid borrow the family car but not a sports car with the power a Z has. Waaaay too much temptation! Their friends will have much more say in the decisions he makes no matter how wonderful your kid is and what they have been preached about at home. The very fact that you have brought this up in the forum makes me think that you too do not feel it's a good idea. Sorry, but you don't get my ok on this and if I were you, I would tell him that you have changed your mind. Better to have him disappointed then having an senseless tragedy that no "drink" can ever numb you. It may be the best decision you ever made. Good luck!
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote