View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #492 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Any of you nerds know much about A/V Receivers for a home theater setup? I'm looking to get one for around $300-400 and have no experience with them at all. Looking at the lower end 2014 models from Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha, and a 2013 model Denon.
I bought an Onkyo a few years back. It works well. Probably the best bet is to do the review thing. I have done a little businees with Crutchfield (expensive) but they have good advice. A link to that
Home theater receivers buying guide

Then check out some of the comparisons.
AV Receiver Reviews | Audioholics
Best AV receiver reviews and picks - Engadget
Home Page | Sound & Vision

I guess the real question is, are you just looking for someone to tell you what to buy or do you want information so you can pick?

The former, I have an Onkyo, it rocks, buy one of them.
The latter, well, that's all that other info...

Hope this helps.

jk

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction

Last edited by jpkirk; 04-25-2014 at 12:42 PM.
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote