View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
BrandonSS
Track Member

Drives: 2009 370z T/S/techM6
BrandonSS is just really niceBrandonSS is just really niceBrandonSS is just really niceBrandonSS is just really niceBrandonSS is just really nice

I've never seen anyone "box" a bumper (not saying no one does). In my experience, you wrap them in bubble wrap a couple times, cardboard the corners, and then wrap the piss out of it in black gorilla tape for a couple layers covering it entirely. I've had many bumpers delivered this way for previous cars and even my Nismo bumper.

Shipping is $78 quoted from greyhound but packing is going to cost at least $20-25 in supplies (2 rolls of black 35 yard gorilla plus bubble wrap >$25)

If you dont have a Monterey Blue 370, then you are better off buying a new bumper (Part number - FBM22-1EA1H) for $350-400 plus shipping and have it painted, maybe? Even then, mine might work out to be cheaper.

But if you have a MB and need a bumper replaced then this is saving a significant amount of money opposed to buying new or having one repaired and repainted.

Back to your question, I'd have to custom make a box which would involve me buying multiple large boxes from a shipping/packing store or maybe I could talk UPS Store into doing it. FedEx simply WONT. I tried getting them to pack and ship my Nismo undertray and they flat out refused.

A box to house a bumper would be at least 70x25x25 and weigh around 20-25lbs. I'm not home to give an exact measurement.
BrandonSS is offline   Reply With Quote