View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #74 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
That's for sure, including This response.

Many manufacturers have a chassis dyno at the end of the assembly line where the car is run up through the gears and RPM's under load. It's part of the Quality Control procedure.
ALL Motorcycle assembly plants do for sure.

As far as a factory fill with Esther oil, no one has EVER confirmed this...Lotta gum flapping, no evidence..If you have some post it up!
It's ester, not Esther. Modshack, I never said they don't run the engine at the factory. I said that only Porsche runs the engine on a dyno before it is even installed in the chassis. What manufacturer would build an engine and not test it? I also said that there is no way an engine would be run up to redline.

So you are saying that Nissan recommends it's Ester Oil but does not use it? Seriously? Talk about gum-flapping! Do you know anything about the VVEL tapping issue? Nissan started using Ester oil in the VQ engine in the G37 (they also re-calibrated the ecu) because of it. The TSB is ITB08-028a. Wasn't hard to locate on the internet.