View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWillis72 View Post
It was a M3 so yes it had turbos and Z1 posted similar results recently on a turbo car. If it helped gas on a turbo why wouldn't it on a NA car? I've never owned a turbo car so fill me in if I'm missing something.
The higher the octane the more you can advance the timing. The more you can advance the timing without getting knock, the more power you can get.

On an NA car the hypothetical gains that are possible aren't that high because there isn't that much going on I guess.
On forced induction it allows you to force more air and more fuel AND advance the timing

Correct me if I'm wrong guys. I know it's a bit more complicated than my crap description, but I tried to keep it simple