View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute
Default No start, but cranks

this car is becoming a never ending saga! Went to start the car after 2 days of sitting, no dice, cranks to the moon but no fire. The battery was getting week, so I hooked up a jumper, and boom it fired right up, oh ok. It ran for 5 minutes and then shut off like I hit the ign, but I was outside the car. Now I cannot get it to restart, just cranks. I smell fuel, so I beleive it is getting fuel(I will confirm after work, also will confirm spark after work) a tech a work was with nissan for 10 years, his short list is this:

Camshaft sensor bank 1, said it is a common nissan issue
Crank position sensor
if the timing chain stretched too far he said it would not start, but I doubt it, the car ran fine with no issues when I parked it, no symptoms of a steched chain or codes.

just looking to hear if anyone had similar issues, stuck at work and will be pondering this all day!

GRRRR. yes its boosted, and has been for 2k miles now and is fully tuned.