View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tazicon
Track Member

Drives: German/British cars
Tazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyg37 View Post
First of all thank you all for the the advice and direction. I have been searching all over trying to find a alternative way to get into the right octane range. The gas on base is not to bad roughly $4 dollars a gallon since they use liters over here. On base the rating is 95 FRG which I tried to research and had difficulty finding anything in that unit. Off base the gas is 95 Ron which is equivalent to 90 octane in the US. I will see about finding some toluene. Any issues with running toluene as a additive? (Injectors/ fuel pump and lines) If anyone knows the ratio off the top of their head that be great. If not I will do some digging. I am not not looking to run race gas just get it up to 91 at least if possible.

As an FYI we can only get 91 here. I really doubt 90 is going to be that bad. I know people that run Z's and G's on 87 and have no issues. One guy on the MYG37 has posted his gas milage for years and makes sure every knows he runs 87. I think the last time I saw he had well over 80k on the car. He swears everyone is nutz for paying for the extra octane. Me I use 91 as that is as good as I can get. If I could only get 90 I would run it and not worry unless I was going to be racing the car.