View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tazicon
Track Member

Drives: German/British cars
Tazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really niceTazicon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I get 19 mpg driving it to work in the city. I get 25 mph driving 80 mph on the highway. I get 10-15 mpg driving spiritedly on public roads. I got 5-10 mpg driving it 6 laps at COTA.

I happen to know all of these numbers because I habitually keep track of my gas consumption. I just don't care what they are

Also, premium only. If you're considering not putting premium in the Z, don't consider buying one.

This is very much like what we would get in ours. I was the spirited driver so it didn't do well with me behind the wheel. My wife drove it as a DD to work and averaged 19 to 21 depending on the shifts she was working (whether she was driving in rush hour or off times). When we went on a trip she would get around 25 to 27 and I would get around 19 on the highway. I have a lead foot.

Lesson? Z's dont do well on gas if you like to drive, if you are using it for a commuter they can do OK and despite what is said it was one of the best commuter cars we owned. The wife is working really hard to get me to buy another Z. Probably not far off.