View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
I was getting close to 3000 on my 2014 and was looking at threads on what others are doing for their first oil change and after reading a few I had decided to wait until 5000 to do the first change. My wife and I went on a short beach trip this past weekend and when I turned over 3750 miles the oil maintenance light came on. So, the book says 5000 miles but they pre-set the warning to 3750? Of course, you can change the milage warning to what you want, but I found it a little strange that it was pre-set at 3750.
I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer did that on purpose. Light comes on = they make $$$.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote