View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #57 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam1918 View Post
what's the beef with X drill??? I have an 04 Joe Gibbs Silverado with 175k miles Magnuson blower & Baer slotted X drilled rotors all around. I drove the crap out of it in the S. Florida heat & not a peep out of em. Changed pads @ 75k & didn't have to resurface the rotors.
Drilled rotors are infinitely more prone to cracking. You probably won't crack them with any amount of aggressive street driving in any temp, but tracking would probably do it.

I get upset that if stress cracks occur the manufacturer is blamed... Which is BS...