Thread: Lukas' build!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #53 (permalink)
LukasC
Track Member

Drives: 11 Stillen SC Bl M6
LukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant futureLukasC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Remember with a SC it is about balancing efficiency of everything, a lower boost result does not mean less power it just means the system is running more efficiently. I see it all the time with Mustang guys, they have LTH and go from 10 to 8 psi but maintain power because the system is operating better.

Also, with your plans of e85 and other upgrades I would advise keeping the stock cats off as this will hurt later on. Plus stock cats can burn up and get clogged, have had a couple go out on mine with my SC so just threw on some TP.

Hmm thats a good point. Ill have to research some more on it. But that makes sense. Headers are going to increase scavenging and so do tp so the air gets pulled out quicker but during the compression process it will have a more pure mixture versus some already spent gasses like co2 and co that take up that space in the mixture. Clearing it out will reduce pressure but will make for a more pure mixture to burn.
LukasC is offline   Reply With Quote