Thread: Lukas' build!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasC View Post
Thank you! Its coming along pretty good! Got a list of stuff planned for it over the summer!

Talked with my tuner today he actually suggested putting the stock cats in. Said that with superchargers the back pressure helps alot. Hes seen a couple psi increase doing so. I might do that here soon see how it goes.

Also ordering the frozen boost intercooler and some "Mo Cool" made by motul. This should keep the air 30+ degrees cooler
Remember with a SC it is about balancing efficiency of everything, a lower boost result does not mean less power it just means the system is running more efficiently. I see it all the time with Mustang guys, they have LTH and go from 10 to 8 psi but maintain power because the system is operating better.

Also, with your plans of e85 and other upgrades I would advise keeping the stock cats off as this will hurt later on. Plus stock cats can burn up and get clogged, have had a couple go out on mine with my SC so just threw on some TP.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote