View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
KManZ
Base Member

Drives: 07 350Z 6MT DB
KManZ is on a distinguished road
Default Just Another 350Z Owner

Today I saw the 370Z for the first time in person, at Brown's Nissan in Fairfax, VA. It's where I bought my '07 350Z a year and a half ago; I stopped in to get some touch-up paint, and noticed they had 4 370's on the lot, and one in the show room. Now, I haven't been too avid of a fan yet, but I wanted to wait until I saw the car in person before I passed final judgment.

I gotta say, the car looks great in person All of the features in pictures which put me off were really different once I saw them. The car just "flows". It definitely looks more "compact" than the 350, but not "smaller". On the inside though, I immediately noticed the reduced quarters. The interior was great, much more appointed than the 350Z. The 370 does look a bit naked without the strut bar though, and the 3 gauge pods look almost like an afterthought. Lastly, it seemed like the gauges were cramped in there, with the steering wheel obscuring a lot of the view.

The best part I liked about the 370 is that it is most certainly a Z. The interior, while a big step up, doesn't loose the genealogy of the 350. The door handles, the shift knob (although it's missing the aluminum insert), the seats, among many other things, seem like they are a natural evolution of the 350. My favorite color, from what I have seen, is Red, which surprises me because I have never liked a red car.

So, overall, nice car. Will I buy? More than likely, no, mainly for financial reasons, and they don't have Daytona Blue We'll see what happens though.

Matt