View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
ZeroZeta
Track Member

Drives: 2013 Z
ZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really nice

Thanks for the input guys. I am pretty sure it was something with the install.

Everything with my recent experience with one Discount store was a ride on the fail train.

I paid for 4 tires and they only order the fronts.

Over the next month they re-order the rears more than 3x.

I have them schedule appointments to get the rears mounted only to waste multiple trips to the store to find out that someone lied to me about the tires being in.

On my fifth visit to get my rears installed I got smart and requested to visually inspect the tires before they mounted them.

Glad i did because they were going to mount some all seasons instead of the S04s i ordered.

I rechecked the tire pressure today and they were 20 - 40lbs for the other 3 tires directly from Discount. So this particular store can't even master the difficult task of making sure the tire pressure is consistent. - Sigh

So I torqued the valve stem on the flat and refilled the tire. Going to wait another 24-48 hours to see if it is still leaking. Thus far I wasn't seeing any air escaping.

Nepali - You had an epic blowout. Glad you and the rest of the car are safe.
I couldn't help but think about my all over the place tire pressure and wondered if it happened to you as well.

MacCool - I seriously would go back to raise hell about the install, but in my case I had no less than 10+ guys working with me across the tech and sales side. There was simply so much failure at that store that I don't have enough fingers to point all the players out. I am thinking about drafting a nice letter to their district GM and a few bluntly honest Yelp reviews.
ZeroZeta is offline   Reply With Quote