View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick64 View Post
Are there any downsides to getting a clear bra? Can it hurt the original paint/clear coat at all? If the original paint gets chipped, you can have it repainted. Can you do anything if the clear bra gets damaged? I'm guessing you would have to have the whole clear bra removed and redone... is that possible? Couldn't find answers to these Q's with a search. Any input feedback would be much appreciated
Doesn't damage the paint, and if a part is damaged, that entire piece would need replaced.

For example: The bra on my bumper was penetrated... the whole front bumper would need to be replaced (because it's a single piece) to get rid of that mark, but not the hood or fenders.

Though, my bumper and hood have damage.

I need to respray my entire hood and then clear bra the entire hood this time, not just 1/3.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote