View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Finished the vents .

I got 22g steel and cutout the hole and to fit the windows shape. I had some 2.5" SS pipe laying around that I then tac welded to the steel. Then I bondo'd filled the gaps for an air/water tight seal then plasti dipped everything because that is also water proof. Then I siliconed in front and behind the steel for a water tight finish and used self tapping screws to secure it to the body.

The air flow in is very great because the 2.5" pipe is at the back of the vent. It acts like a big parachute and funnels all the air into the pipe. The rear brakes should remain pretty cool