View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #78 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

So weekend #2 work recap. Going in we needed to accomplish the following - Tap IM, Injectors, Plugs, Fuel Pump, Charge Pipes, Electrical (Fuel Pump, Exa Pump, Boost Controller, AFR Gauge and GReddy Multi-Gauge), Vacuum Hose Plumbing, a bunch of heat management, upload base map, double check everything and press start button.

Most of Thursday night was spent trying to layout wiring and vacuum routing so not really any good pictures to post.

Here's Chuck contemplating

Intake Manifold Removed

Spark Plug Swap

Fuel Rail Out

Intake Manifold Prep for Tapping

Nathan Tapping the Manifold

Since I live in Texas and we hardly ever see freezing temps, we went ahead and removed the TB Coolant lines and capped them. Here's the pile.

Fuel Pump Swap

Fuel Pump Swapped

Installing Charge Pipes

Driver Side WG. You can see that I color coded the vacuum lines so there would be no question is it was supposed to be lower or upper port. Blue is directly from charge pipe and black is from boost controller. Don't worry I went back and covered the vacuum lines but left it like that for final checkout to make sure everything was connected properly.

Rest of Heat Management on Vacuum Lines

Intermediate Heat Management Process.

Turbo Bag

Last edited by jwick; 04-21-2014 at 10:17 AM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote