View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 01:36 PM   #69 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by molamann View Post
I have a 7AT and I have some complaints regarding the transmission shifting from 1st to 2nd and also from 2nd to 1st. For example, sometimes the car will be really jumpy when I'm lightly accelerating in the parking lot or accelerating from a stoplight. In the other hand, the transmission feels like it completely disengages when I let off the gas around 20-30mph'ish.

Also, there was an instance where I floored the gas to switch lane and the transmission just totally didn't engage. The car barely accelerated and the tachometer hit 9k+. Is this just a misshift or something or I should look into it?
I know this is a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. Are you sure you didn't blip the stick up to shift gears while not in manual mode? IE over rev the motor in nuetral. I did it once, i didn't over rev but it was a shock. As for the 1-2 shift mine is ROCK SOLID 100% of the time, if yours isn't get it checked. The 3-2 shift in manual mode can be clunky and unpredictable but only if you are downshifting at VERY low revs. I attribute this to a lack of hydraulic pressure due to the low revs.