View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
waahbahbopbop
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary M6
waahbahbopbop is on a distinguished road
Default Bad MAF sensor(s)

I installed the stillen cai a couple weeks ago and the upper pipes were slightly bent. Customer service was great btw and sent me new pipes!

Swapped all the pipes out today, made sure not to touch the MAF sensors upon removal and tightened everything back up. Started it up afterwards and it was having a hard time keeping idle and starting. Figured it was something to do with the MAF sensors but made sure everything was tight again... Got it running but it would hold idle at or slightly above 1k and wouldnt go pase 2500rpm while driving. Just had to get it right down the road to advanced auto parts to pull some codes.

Initial code was P0102 which is bad MAF sensor A. Bought some MAF cleaner and gave them both a spray and dried them then tried to start it up with no luck.

After cleaning the codes were :
P0102
P010B Which was something to do with the range of MAF B...
and P006A which was low manifold pressure.

Thankfully they were able to get one MAF sensor from their warehouse by tomorrow morning... It would take until monday for the second to arrive but I need to drive tomorrow. Wondering if there is more going on or is it just one or two bad MAF sensors?
waahbahbopbop is offline   Reply With Quote