View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #320 (permalink)
Kyle
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
Kyle is on a distinguished road

I also fell victim to the steering lock issue. Mine failed around 2 years ago. I had to have my car towed to the dealership and paid $1000+ for the new part. Subsequently, I was never given notice of the recall via the mail. I only learned about it through this message board.

A few months ago I began the journey of trying to get my money back. I was told I had to submit my original work order showing it was replaced as well as a recipt showing how much I paid. Surprisingly, I kept copies of those documents. I faxed the required documents to Nissan. A Nissan case worker called to inform me that I also had to have the replaced part replaced again in order to close out the case and obtain a rebate. Initially, it bothered me that I would have to take more time to have a presumably functional Nissan part replaced...a part that cost me so much money. The dealership informed me that they would forward the required documents of the second replacement to Nissan.

I assumed all was set. After some time, I called Nissan to inquired about my refund. I then recieved a phone call from a Nissan case worker informing me that I needed to submit the work order for the second replacement. I had to go back to the dealership, get a copy of the work order and faxed it over again. Yet again, I recieved a phone call from Nissan explaining that they never recieved a copy of my original recipt/payment. I again faxed that to Nissan. In total, I faxed the required documents 4 times and emailed them 2 times. Between the repairs, phone calls and correspondence, it has taken over 10 hours. Still, no refund.

It's become clear to me that Nissan wants to make the process so difficult in order to avoid any refunds. This seems to be supported by a lack of notifying me of the recall and waiting so long to institute one. I just typed a letter on my legal letterhead (I have a law practice) addressed to Nissan's vice president of consumer quality explaining my ordeal. In addition to my refund, they better send a new 4-Runner or atleast a ******* Altima.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote