Thread: Nexus 7 install
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
futurez
Base Member

Drives: Supercharged 40th Z
futurez is on a distinguished road
Default Nexus 7 install

This is my attempt at a build journal to integrate a Nexus 7 into the cubby in the dash. I have seen a number of people do this (including some on this forum so thanks in advance for any ideas I steal!) But none of them fit what I have in mind.

WARNING: I cannot promise that this thread will be any good, informative or how long this will take, but hey why not give it a try!

Here are my goals:
-keep factory Bose radio and steering wheel controls

-no permanent modification of the cubby (except removing the hinged door, I plan on making the reattach with magnets to keep the stock look)

-make the N7 removable (custom made fiberglass docking station w/ pogo pin connection)

-Utilize the “Pogo pin” connection for power and audio via the 3.5mm audio jack (I have * * * * * * not seen this done before so I have no idea if it will work… but I am going to give it a try! It looks like in theory it should be the simplest way to allow both charging and audio)

-I am still deciding on what software/ functionalities I want / need I want to be able to mainly use the N7 for: *Torque, GPS, Pandora/ music (I still need to find a tethering solution for my AT&T Galaxy S4)
-I do plan on installing Tasker, and more than likely will Root the N7 to gain the extra functionality (I have no idea what that will bet yet… LOL)

I plan on starting the construction soon, I almost have all of the parts.

Any feedback is welcome!
futurez is offline   Reply With Quote