View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #41 (permalink)
URA
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Sport BLK
URA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknolust72 View Post
Im running a custom spindle that I had made in Japan, similar to the T-Demand one (プロアーム 日産 SKYLINE V36)

Basically, shortened knuckle with a modified tie rod point. My lower control arm is still intact (shortened bump stops), mostly because at my current height and wheel setup the tire would catch on the fender and will jerk the suspension.

I'm actually doing this in a G37 sedan, so suspension points are the same. The major difference between the Z and my sedan would of course be the heavier weight in the rear. This helps in weight transfer, so I can get a long entry and get a decent amount of rotation. And just like you, I'm scrubbing the fronts, dropping speed, and just waiting until the "corner opens" to get back on to it. However, without the extra angle for the next corner switch back, lock-to-lock is too shallow, and I end up losing the drift.

to be honest, I'm pushing the car to drive like a 240SX, so I may be asking too much out of the chassis layout at the moment....
nice! do you have pics of any drifting? if so, just post!

240's are so well sorted we just need more testing with these cars to figure them out.
URA is offline   Reply With Quote