View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
chuckd05
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No longer a Z
chuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
well I got my copy of MW2 last night, went to bed and woke up today, ready to play all day long. Well I went straight into multiplayer and instantly started whoopin' a$$, when out of the blue, my screen freezes and the red ring of death rears its ugly head on my Xbox. Now I had been so proud of my system because it was one from the first batch to come out, and no problems at all yet. Turns out my warranty expired, and microsoft wants a hundred bucks to fix it. Well I was just about to admit defeat, when lo and behold, I came across a great little website called Youtube.

Apparently, if you get the RROD, it basically means your motherboard has separated from something in there and requires re-soldering. Well some genius decided that you could do a quick fix by wrapping your xbox in a towel, allowing it to overheat itself, thus re-melting the solder. I'll be damned if it didnt work, wrapped er' up in a few towels, let it heat up for 20 minutes, unwrapped it, turned it off then back on again, and voila! no more red ring of death. Fukin' genius.
thats hysterical, im gonna give that a try, my bro who lives with me has an xbox that he never uses so mine just sits in the closet ...