View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #434 (permalink)
Nuki
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo
Nuki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
Driving back to work on Monday after watching the end of the NASCAR race. At a stop light some jerk in what I thought was a silver Hyundai Sonata makes and aggressive move over two lanes and tailgates me. I take a high speed left turn and continue, and he catches up to tail gate me. At the next light I accelerate with great prejudice and take a curve at the speed a NISMO should take it at. The jack-off in the silver TAURUS turns on his lights and pulls me over. The jack-off Sherriff's deputy states that he had a hard time keeping up with me. Well no-sh*t...you're in a Taurus and I am in a Z. Total entrapment and I will fight it in court. I would like the judge to admit that dangerous driving is the Sherriff's policy to induce a driver into a careless driving ticket.
Claim you were afraid it was someone with malicious intent following you to rob you or car jack you. You were in reasonable fear of your property and well being and slowing down or pulling over only would have put you in more risk.

I used that defense when some guy was pacing me on the freeway on my way home one night. I slowed down, he slowed down. I sped up a bit, he sped up. I had no clue what his intentions were, but I wasn't about to find out. I jetted up ahead and left him behind but around the corner was a cop. When he pulled me over, my wife and I both explained what happened. He let us off, but told us next time to pull over or call the police. I explained I had a conceal and pulling over might have resulted in something far worse.
Nuki is offline   Reply With Quote