View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ View Post
I have always recommended the H&R TRAK+ wheel spacers. They come in different widths according to your needs. They also come with extended wheel studs necessary for a proper and safe fitment.

Here's a link to their product page:
H&R TRAK+® Wheel Spacers || Products || H&R Special Springs, LP

Go check them out. The DR series doesn't come with extended studs, but the other ones do I believe. Just read the description and it tells you if it does or not.

How is that any different from the Project Kics or Ichiba spacers? They too come in different widths with extended wheel studs. I have two sets of the Ichibas coming in today. Will post pics after installed.

15MM Aluminum Bolt-On Wheel Spacers

Btw, I took a look at the H&R's before. If you look at their product line carefully, it appears that they only have two series that come with their own wheel studs -- the "Trak+ Adapers" and the "DRM" series. For the former, it states "Available in thicknesses ranging from 20mm to 25mm," and for the latter, "40 - 90 mm track widening." Point being, if you want to go below 20mm (I decided to go with 15mm), you have to go with something like their DR series, which does not come with its own wheel studs.

DR Series
10 - 40 mm track widening
DR Series spacers fit between the wheel and hub, and require longer wheel bolts (ordered separately). Please verify bolt specifics before ordering (taper or round bolt head and shaft length).

So you'd have to purchase longer studs separately, hammer out the stock studs and install the new ones in order to use these.

Last edited by semtex; 02-05-2009 at 07:28 AM.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote