View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Day two we had to adjust some things so it was a lot of two steps forward and one back. Not unexpected since this was the first go around on a G37.

So the only major issue we came up with getting this kit to fit on a G37 is that the Exa pump hits the stock S bumper.

Interference Location

Stock G 'S' Bumper (can only get a 6MT in a S so all BP-G37s will have this issue if running stock bumper)

So the solution we came up with, which turned out really easy, was to move the Exa pump from the right set of frame bolts to share the same mounting location as the FMIC. This required us to cut a bunch of zip ties and readjust Friday's oil line routing but all in all a pretty easy solution. I know the cuts I made are not the prettiest but considering it cannot be seen once the bumper was on I was not willing to stop working to run to Lowe's for the proper Dremel cutting tool. (FYI...I think we could have gotten away without cutting if you placed the flare nut behing the pump bracket housing before you started threading it but I wanted it where I could pull it without a second pair of hands.)

New Location fro Exa Pump

HFCs removed and prepping for Crossover Pipe Install

Crossover Pipe Installed

Final routing for oil lines and charge pipe (had to move everything once I test fit the sway bar and realized we had some interference)

Turbo Mounted

Remainder of Hotside Piping

Weekend Intermission:
Look how much less is on that table. Much appreciation to Chuck for all his help!

I love how the Turbo Box says Boosted Performce. Sasha, did you pay extra for that?

Last edited by jwick; 04-13-2014 at 05:59 PM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote