View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default jwick Build Thread - First BP - G37T in existence

Welcome everyone. The following will detail my efforts to be the first G37 with a BP Twin Scroll Turbo kit. I selected the BP kit for several reasons. The primary, or 1A, being that it is completely DIYable and I prefer to be the one working on my car. 1B is the fact that Sasha’s customer service is second to none. This build has/will take place over a couple months as I get everything ready to go. I will try my best to keep everything up to date and of course include as many pictures as possible. As with any 1st time build, I will likely need some assistance along the way so I definitely appreciate all those willing to provide applicable advice.

On to the good stuff…

I bought the car in May of 2010. I had the first mods purchased prior to the car even having 1,200 break-in miles. I worked on it for the first 18 months or so and it’s basically been the same ever since. Mods pre-FI, in order of install best I can remember:

- Stillen CBE
- Eibach Proset Spring Kit
- GT Spec Strut Bar
- Stillen Gen 3 Intake
- Berk HFCs
- UpRev Tune from JTran
- Hotchkis Sways
- SPC Front Control Arms
- Whiteline Diff Bushings
- Whiteline Rear End Links
- NISMO Diff Cover
- And I’m sure there’s a mod or two I forgot along the way

Current NA mods staying on the car:

- Stillen CBE (minus Y-Pipe)
- Eibach Proset Spring Kit
- GT Spec Strut Bar
- Hotchkis Sways
- SPC Front Control Arms
- Whiteline Diff Bushings
- Whiteline Rear End Links
- NISMO Diff Cover

Turbo Build List:

- BP Twin Scroll Turbo Kit (Precision 6266 Turbo – Ball Bearing Upgrade) – See Boosted Performance Profile Page for complete details
- GReddy Oil Filter Relocation Adapter (added Thremostat to Oil Cooler)
- CSF 7012 Radiator
- Z1 Motorsports Full Face Clutch/Flywheel
- Z1 Motorsports Silicone Radiator Hoses
- ZSpeed CSC
- GReddy Profec 2 Spec B Boost Controller
- Innovate LC-2 and DB Gauge
- GReddy Multi D/A Gauge (Boost/Oil Temp/Oil Pressure/Water Temp/Fuel Pressure)
- A fucton of heat management items (header wrap, thermo-tec, inferno heat shield, turbo bag, etc.)

Goals:

- Fun!
- Satisfaction of installing it all myself (with some help from good friends and support from the GF since she never complains about money spent or time involved)
- 400wft-lbs on a DynoJet with the most area under the curve as possible. The key is as much as I can get ensuring reliability.

Special Thanks go to:

- First and foremost, Sasha for building a top notch DIY kit and being the definition of customer service
- Awesome Z (clutch install – only part not DIY)
- Chuck33079 (my boy – main man on the install assistance and the one that pushed me over the cliff to pull the trigger on this ‘little’ project)
- JTran (Custom Turbo Tune among other support related stuff)
- O&G (confirmation of product selection and general knowledge, plus almost as much enthusiasm as Chuck and I for this build)
- Z1 Motorsport (Jon is a righteous individual always willing to provide platform knowledge and make sure you are getting exactly what you need)
- GaleForce - working with me to create his first G37 custom Double Pod A-Pillar (pics included further back)
- Phunk - helping source GReddy multi-guage pressure sender to mate with his multi-adapter (pics included further back)
- Tony (Fast Intentions) - working with me to supply a custom G37 exhaust to allow me to custom fab the appropriate connections to the turbo downpipe
- jlo370z - fellow BP brotha support and being there to swap crank case filters with me
- Nathan - genius behind all the electrical/wiring magic
- Reservation – place holder for forum members that I know will be more than willing to provide build assistance considering how wonderful this community is

Pre-tear down

Pile of stuff going on the car

Last edited by jwick; 06-24-2014 at 12:54 PM.
jwick is offline   Reply With Quote