View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #88 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I've loved driving my '09 Touring but have been unable to find anyone competent to work on it and have decided to sell it. I'm wondering what to get for the next car.

I'm more interested in how it handles and HP is not a big concern (200HP or so ought to be plenty). Prefer a 2-door but a sporty looking 4-door would be acceptable (I realize I probably won't find anything that looks as good as the Z). Needs to be something I can get worked on locally (Ford/Linc/Merc, GM, Honda). No Nissans and since the local Nissan dealer is also the Chrysler dealer, Chrysler is low on the list (there is a good Chrysler service center about 25 miles away so they are not out, just not a first choice). I have budgeted $20-25K and don't mind getting a used car ('09-'12 ish) if it's in good shape. Something like Challenger/Mustang/Camaro are high on my list but very willing to look at less "sporty" looking cars if they handle well.

So, my question is: Does anybody have recommendations for a medium-priced car that handles anything close to the 370Z and I can get worked on in South Arkansas?

I've driven a base Mustang and a Camaro RS but both of those rolled quite a bit on hard turns. I've heard that the Camaro SS has a better suspension but haven't had a chance to drive one.
BTW, the new Camaro LS1 is outrageous. 580 freakin' HP in a bone-stock Camaro.
I really liked my former roommates BRZ. If I had not gotten into an SUV, I was going to dump my 370z for one. Amazing connection with the road in that car. It's like talking to a friend in person vs. watching a laggy CNN field reporter correspondence with the 370z.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote