View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
If you can swing it I would go for the M3 with great certainty. I understand the concern of potential abuse on preowned sports cars but ask your this: Would you spend 20-25k on insurance premium to make sure the base is covered? That sounds absurd to me especially the car is still under warranty and have free maintenance for another 3 years. If you can find one in the high 40s that would be a awesome deal and most of the initial depreciation is already accounted. Buying a Z is 40k out the door and another unrecoverable 3-4k initial depreciation off the lot.

I am not recommending the M3 because I own a 135i, in fact my preference in order would be used M3, 370z and 135i at current time. I should have waited I could have gotten a better deal ( I was initially waitlisted on the m3 since 06)

I do like the 370z a lot but it makes no economic sense for me to switch out of it now for a car similar in performance but who knows what I would do. =) I have no brand loyalty. Who ever makes the best car for the price wins my money.
Very good post, Robert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
my preference in order would be used M3, 370z and 135i at current time.
It's funny because that's exactly my preference as well. It used to be GTR, M3, 370Z and 135i but after the big price hike, I had to eliminate GTR. 135i is a really good car and runs neck and neck with the new 370Z. Can I afford a m3? not yet. so for someone who has need for speed and NOT worried about backseat, 370Z is your right decision. If you need back seat, you can't go wrong with 135i. I am not suggesting G37s because it's more comparable with 335i. I don't think you can buy a better car than M3 if you have 65K in your bank account.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Back on topic, cheapest used m3 I can find (with clear title) is going for $54,880. That's $24,950 over a brand new base 370Z (or 21,950 over a sports package equipped Z). So, unless you're ready to shell out 20K more, I don't see M3 as a choice.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote