Thread: Mike's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #579 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
transmission went out at Daytona. after 1/2 a lap, the car wouldn't downshift. Sometimes it would grind and sometimes it just wouldn't go into gear. felt like I was moving the shift lever up against a brick wall. It had been grinding in 4th for the last several events, and getting a little worse, so its off to Z1 for a new transmission. Apparently, Nissan is on Rev. 9 on the trans with better syncros and stuff and I have a Rev 1. The one I'm getting is out of a 12 or 13 nismo with only around 2500 miles on it.
sucks to hear man, but on the Brightside, your new trans should be better (rev 9) than the old one. And on a selfish note, that must mean our nismo has the newest improved trans as well so that's good info to find out.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote