View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Robert
Base Member

Drives: 135i
Robert is on a distinguished road

If you can swing it I would go for the M3 with great certainty. I understand the concern of potential abuse on preowned sports cars but ask your this: Would you spend 20-25k on insurance premium to make sure the base is covered? That sounds absurd to me especially the car is still under warranty and have free maintenance for another 3 years. If you can find one in the high 40s that would be a awesome deal and most of the initial depreciation is already accounted. Buying a Z is 40k out the door and another unrecoverable 3-4k initial depreciation off the lot.

I am not recommending the M3 because I own a 135i, in fact my preference in order would be used M3, 370z and 135i at current time. I should have waited I could have gotten a better deal ( I was initially waitlisted on the m3 since 06)

I do like the 370z a lot but it makes no economic sense for me to switch out of it now for a car similar in performance but who knows what I would do. =) I have no brand loyalty. Who ever makes the best car for the price wins my money.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote