View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
evensen007
Base Member

Drives: defensively
evensen007 will become famous soon enough
Default My first Z: 2010 40th anniversary edition.

Hey there! After a lot of searching (and lusting), I found what I thought was the perfect 40th anniversary edition Z that I've wanted for so long. I previously drove a 2000 Celica Gts and have had it for 13 (good god I'm getting old) years! I really do still love that car, so I'm probably going to hold onto it.

After looking for a few months, I came across a 40th with 9800 miles on it. The owner said it was in pristine condition, but I was skeptical since it was in Virginia and I was in Florida. I had no way to look at it in person before pulling the trigger, so a lot of trust and communication was involved. The seller ended up being the nicest guy and I plan to keep in touch with him. He has a sprint car team up in Pennsylvania and hardly ever drove the Z, hence the 9800 miles.

I flew up to Richmond and he picked me up. We headed to the house and I was able to see why he described it as 'pristine'. He's a guy after my own heart. He took REALLY great care of the car. Inside and out, the thing is just perfect.

No big plans, just yet. I'm enjoying having a new car after 13 years of the Celica. I have spacers and a stillen G3 going on soon, but outside of that I may leave it alone for a bit. Well... I *do* like the Evo-R 3-piece splitter and some other things but for now...

Previous owner snapped a pic of me right before I left to bring her home to Florida:

Obligatory first picture at a rest stop in North Carolina:

First weekend with the Z. Detail and wax:

evensen007 is offline   Reply With Quote