View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Drakonis GTR
Base Member

Drives: 09' 370Z B/S Rd M6
Drakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the roughDrakonis GTR is a jewel in the rough

I currently have a set of AS3 on my 09 370Z. Got a full set for about $1167 at Discount Tire here in Orlando.

My conclusions:
The wet traction seems to be pretty good. While I haven't had them long enough to run them through what I call "Monsoon Season" down here, they seem to shed the water quickly, and I've not had any hydro-planing issues, even while driving through puddles. Overall handling is good as well.

For regular dry handling, I would rate them as well as the Bridgestone Potenzas that the Sport models come with from the factory. Though they are not run-flats, and they do seem to have just a little bit more sidewall roll in heavy cornering, for obvious reasons.

All in all, I am pleased with my choice, though it is arguably still too early to say whether or not they will last the 30k or so miles that Michelin says they will.

2009 Nissan 370Z Base w/ Sport Package
F.I . LTHs with Non-Resonated Cat-back exhaust (C.F.) / Stillen Gen3 CAI / Up-Rev Tune
Drakonis GTR is offline   Reply With Quote