View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #1116 (permalink)
m3chhawk
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z SPT 6MT BLK
m3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond reputem3chhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Anybody else's pre-drilled mounts not line up right? Its not that big of an issue except for the life of me I can not get a drill bit to bite on this and drill the holes out where they should have been. I even used my smallest bit. I don't have a press but I cant believe it wont just drill into the aluminum.

In the pic the passenger side holes are set in way further than the drivers. I had to hold it up to the drivers side while my girlfriend marked where the holes need to be on the other mount. Another setback.
I had the same issue. I'll let Sasha speak to it, but it appears to be a QA issue coming from Treadstone. They appear to have two different mounting tab widths. Looks like you got the smaller ones like I did. I used two sets of vise grips to hold it in place and drilled new holes. It drilled VERY easy and only took a few minutes. Check your drill bits..

Last edited by m3chhawk; 04-11-2014 at 10:04 AM.
m3chhawk is offline   Reply With Quote