View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #123 (permalink)
05G356MT
Base Member

Drives: 05 OB G35 6MT
05G356MT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarf View Post
i still wouldnt get a 335/135..those cars are everywhere and i only see 400-450whp as their max...reliability is a concern..and even if you have that much power, they would probably still get smoked by a bolt on Z on a track with turns..considering the fact that a 3 liter twin turbo is making 300 hp is not impressive at all...there are better motors out there...LSX, VQ/VR, the S4's new motor, even the Evo's alum block is impressive...a VQ with twin turbo, although quite expensive is way above the level of the 135s/335s limits...

editops he already picked his car..well in that case..enjoy it to your fullest...
400-450 is the max for full bolt-ons + meth on stock turbo's. There is a company that released a turbo upgrade that's in the 500's but like you said, reliability would be a huge issue after a turbo upgrade especially since they're already non-reliable, IMO.

I'll disagree with you for sake of debate about a 3.0l TT making 300hp/300tq not being impressive. Also, BMW underrated that motor and lots of people have dyno'd 280ish stock. Given the 15% drivetrain loss, that motor should've been rated some where around 330ish at the crank.

The VQ isn't impressive either IMO (330hp for 3.7l, no DI, i'll say overrated hp/tq #'s), the S4 motor hasn't even been out long enough to see where it stands let alone see it's limits, the LS and 4G/B motors are bullet proof as well as the VR.

Which VQ are you talking about? 35DE/35HR/37HR? Because I can tell you a TT VQ35DE is probably one of the most unreliable set ups on a stock motor. IIRC, they haven't tested out the limit of the 35HR/37HR but most tuners stop around 500-550ish for safety purposes and IMO that's its limit before having to build.