View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
VSS370z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z CY M6
VSS370z has a spectacular aura aboutVSS370z has a spectacular aura aboutVSS370z has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
If you are just going to run around with 500rwhp, than you have a better chance at reliability with the stock engine than you do a built one. You also have a far, far greater chance of being able to enjoy your car anytime soon if you stick with the stock engine.

Building the engine in a 370z is adding too much potential for human error or mistakes to justify attempting it for power levels that have been proven reliable in well tuned and well put together cars with the stock engine. We have seen very few engine failures in this community and I am not certain if we have even seen one that was strictly from "too much power".

Having been in the VQ Z scene since it started, I can say that it is not uncommon for the heavier projects to sort of fade away into the darkness. Shops fly past deadlines, engine assembly problems haunt and the car is in the shop more than its on the road, etc etc etc. The engine and the electronics in these cars are more complex than most shops are used to, and the information is few and far between.

The only well paved path with these cars is a 450-600rwhp stock engine setup. Anything past there, and you are risking serious trouble unless you are a highly qualified DIY'er or have the utmost confidence in your shop/tuner.
Thanks Charles for the good info. I'll do that just install the kit,get a good tune and have fun. Do like your fuel system kit, been thinking of adding it to my build.
VSS370z is offline   Reply With Quote