View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #64 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
I finally got to see an STI in person tonight. A sale man from Audi was trading in his plasma blue 2014 with 1800 miles on it for a 2015 white STI.

I will say that it does look much better and more aggressive in person. I'm digging it. However, I test drove a 2011 STI sedan almost a year ago and was not impressed with the power so I'm guessing this will be about the same. It should really really have 350-400hp stock at the crank to appeal to more people like myself.
When you drove it, did you put it in "sport sharp" mode and disable the TCS? It makes a huge change in the character of the car. The power is still not overwhelming, but the throttle response is worlds better. And with a proper launch, the awd springs you forward very quickly. It's also got shorter gears and a lower top end than the z.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote