View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wtf Christmas Tree!

Okay y'all so I had put a set of 275/40/20 tires on the front of the Z and they rubbed ALL OVER my fender both at the top and where the side skirt mounts the fender. Needless to say had I left it alone I would have destroyed my fender so I swapped them for a 275/30/20 front paired with my 315/35/20 rear and took it down the road to make sure there were no longer any issues. Made it a half mile down the road and my dash goes up like a damn Christmas tree! VCD off light, slip light criuise light key in the ignition light and a loss of a speedometer. Someone please tell me there's some possible way to fix this bs. Has to be the dumbest @ssed issue I've had to deal with yet. (And yes I've already tried clearing codes) sorry normally I do some reading before I ask questions but I need answers like yesterday.

So, I'm going to resurrect this one from the dead, in hopes that the wealth of information in this forum hasn't died over the years with it. Has anyone figured out a sure-fire way to run a these cars with a decent amount of rake for example a 26" tall tire on the front and a 28" tall tire on the rear. I've been doing some pretty extensive hunting to find exactly what manages this 3% front - rear lenience on tire sizing with no luck as to what exactly is controlling this. I've got it narrowed down to ABS module, Wheel Speed Sensors, ECU. Is it possible to plug a Dongle into the OBD buss, and disable or even possible un-plug the front wheel speed sensors, such that the car wouldn't be put into a state of hysteria like in the OP. Idk at this point I'm brain storming and as usual I'm probably going to be stuck pioneering whatever happens from here forward BUT if someone has already beaten me to this PLEASE DO SHARE! I would love to skip the unknowns, what-ifs, and potentially wasted money/time from buying multiple sets of front tires to theory craft if this is even possible to do.

Last edited by Rid3_FaM0uS; 01-13-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Rid3_FaM0uS is offline   Reply With Quote