View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default $58,250 for fake leather and no real LSD?+electronic steering gripe

AutoTrader.com Mobile

BMW has in post Vietnam times been an overpriced import for elitist snobs. The 2002 & 3 series though, was a do it all, fun and entertaining performance coupé with a touch of class and luxury. This was very true from the early 70's to the 90's. Since then the bimmer in the middle 90's was kind of overpriced but had one of the most rigid and balanced chassis.
Today, the Z and mustang set the example for rigidity in the non speciality car segment in under $50k vehicles.

Reviews say the new bmw does everything right but there is absolutely no feedback from the steering wheel. And the 2-series is worse than the 4. The 2 series practically priced equal to a 4. Lol. What are imports doing 'll lately??

What I don't understand is how car manufacturers are using this full electronic steering in sports cars. No feedback alone makes bimmer worth 10k less in MSRP.

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK SOLELY ON BMW.

Infiniti is following the same path. At minimum infiniti non-hybrid sport models get hydraulic units. But Ford,Porsche etc are succumbing to electronic steering.

Electronic steering is cheapening the drive experience, hence cheapening the cars worth in the sport coupe segment imho... I think if this bimmer were to have hydraulic steering? It would hands down be the best $40k+ vehicle on the market.

Reviews claim the corvette has good feedback in spite of elecsteer. Anyone can confirm? Also what do you guys feel about elecsteer? I hated it in the 5.0. It felt like intensely artificial.

NOTATION: On the part of electronic steering, please only comment if you know the difference between electronic steering and electronic assist-hydraulic steering. Thank you. :-)