View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #64 (permalink)
InnerDragon10
Base Member

Drives: '14 Black 370Z Nismo
InnerDragon10 is on a distinguished road

About to take the plunge... I'm going into a dealership tomorrow to try to walk away with the internet price (just over $40K) for a new '14 black Nismo! Of course, I haven't revealed that I'll be financing with my credit union (1.74% APR, um yes please) and dropping a wad of cash as well (somewhere between 10 and 20...).

I already know its going to be an all out war to maintain that 'internet price' since fine print reads that you can't get that without financing through Nissan (you lose $2,000 in rebates). But I've been in conversation with this guy for 2 weeks now and visited/test drove once already. Couple things in my favor:
-He's invested time in talking with me and now feels that I'm ready to buy - if I walk, it'll be a huge waste of his time. And I have NO problem walking and telling him I have an appt. with a different dealership this Saturday.
-He's offered to 'make an amazing deal' since the one he's trying to sell does not have the backup camera that I expressed over and over again was the ONLY feature I cared about. So, I'm buying a car that does not have the features I wanted? Better make it worth it for me...
-I'm doing HIM a favor by potentially purchasing a car that is already on the lot (i.e. he gets to drop his inventory count instead of special ordering one)
-He happened to mention that the 370Z Nismo we test drove in was sitting in the show room and now has been used as the test drive model for a couple months now... So, you're telling me that they're not selling very well, huh? :grin:
-I'm going to Carmax to get my current car valued - I researched and stumbled across some info that said Carmax gives pretty good buy back values on cars, so I can use it to compete with whatever trade offer Nissan tries to give me.

I've been through a dealership experience once before and got run over by the salesman and manager... Not going to happen again. And uh, dont tell the Nissan rep, but I AM driving away with that Nismo at the price I want; its just a matter of whether he wants to make a sale or not :-)

If successful, I'll be sure to post what I paid for everything and how I got away with it.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by InnerDragon10; 04-08-2014 at 08:39 AM.
InnerDragon10 is offline   Reply With Quote