View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Well I certainly don't want to argue about a useless topic forever but I do not agree about the the integrity of a wet sleeved block having already been familiar with most the details you have presented. I have a wet sleeved VQ in my garage, I ran it for a few months.

I have different information on what is in the omega car, but none of it relevant. There is more than meets the eye, and you can safely bet that they do not openly present every detail of their winning recipe.

Your cat example is probably iron on iron I am assuming. The wet sleeved VQ is introducing a large mass of dissimilar material that is just precisely wedged in. Heat shrink and press fit doesn't add strength or rigidity to the block, it only serves to stabilize the sleeves, and if anything I believe it will add extra stress to the block structure, in places and directions it wasn't designed to be stressed.

And again, all for what exactly? Where are the failing VQ sleeves that compel one to introduce excessive potential for critical errors that would ruin a very expensive and time consuming engine?

Last edited by phunk; 04-08-2014 at 01:07 AM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote