View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy1 View Post
Take a breather. I've done a ton of research and its not my first go fast car. I went with K&N drop ins based on the research I did, which showed that there was not much to gain above and beyond by going with the G3 intakes (especially looking at dollar value). As for the smooth post MAF tubes, like I said there is maybe 1hp to gained from those alone. Personally I don't have them. The dyno sheets I saw showed about a 5hp gain from the K&N's and post MAF tubes, and 8-9hp from the Stillen G3's. The Stock intake flows quite nicely from the threads I read. The biggest gain in the K&N drop in Post MAF mod is the filters. I stand by my 1hp gain from the tubes alone. Most guys who had the K&N's first then later added the Post MAF tubes didn't feel much if any difference compared to the stock tubes. You ok now? While I may be new to this forum, and the VHQ, I do know what I'm talking about.
So you don't have them and don't have a dyno with just filters. But according to your research they don't really help and you back up your statement by concluding because other guys 'didn't feel a difference', there's only a 1whp gain?

Thank you for explaining.
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote