View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Roddy1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: SRT Viper
Roddy1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsurfdirtx View Post
^this. Roddy, best not to give advice about stuff you have no idea about.. don't guess, search. They give real gains. I had them as my first mod. IMO, worth it compared to the price of the G3s.
Take a breather. I've done a ton of research and its not my first go fast car. I went with K&N drop ins based on the research I did, which showed that there was not much to gain above and beyond by going with the G3 intakes (especially looking at dollar value). As for the smooth post MAF tubes, like I said there is maybe 1hp to gained from those alone. Personally I don't have them. The dyno sheets I saw showed about a 5hp gain from the K&N's and post MAF tubes, and 8-9hp from the Stillen G3's. The Stock intake flows quite nicely from the threads I read. The biggest gain in the K&N drop in Post MAF mod is the filters. I stand by my 1hp gain from the tubes alone. Most guys who had the K&N's first then later added the Post MAF tubes didn't feel much if any difference compared to the stock tubes. You ok now? While I may be new to this forum, and the VHQ, I do know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Roddy1; 04-07-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Roddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote