View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarcinczyk14 View Post
How much oil to u put in between changes with that oil cooler?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I am not understanding the question exactly. When I change my oil and filter, I put in 5.5 quarts because I just noticed thats what seems to get my car right at the top line when I do a change and then prime the engine and shut off and check.

As for consumption inbetween changes... my car seems to burn about 1/2 to 3/4 quart. BUT if your car isnt turbocharged I would be expecting much less. Most turbo Z's will consume some oil between changes because the turbos sit too low for real good oil evacuation. This allows some of the oil to seep past the seals in the turbos. There is no noticeable smoke or odor, but I definitely burn off a good half quart maybe more between changes. This is why the R35 GT-R added a second stage on the oil pump to pull the oil out of the turbos to reduce oil consumption through the turbo seals.