View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Masterbeatty
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the speed limit...
Masterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Masterbeatty's Journal

We'll now that I am getting more into modding my car I thought I should share my progress. It all began in May of 2012 when I bought my 2011 base 6mt coupe in magnetic black. I love it, it is a blank slate for what I want to do. First I got the stillen cat back. Then some overlays from Bluebat who is a personal friend of mine and I love how they look.

Then I installed the stillen gen III intakes which I love also made the car really come alive!

In June of 2013 I took a new hobby up in carbon fiber wrapping. I did my tri gauge's, speedo top, cubby, rear brace bar, and engine cover in a orange CF/ Kevlar from composite envisions.com and love it. In the cubby I did something special where I cut out a Z to put a light behind it so when it's off it's just CF but when on a nice Z shines. I wired it to the cigarette lighter. It matches pretty good with the interior lights too. I plan on doing doing a few more pieces now that the weather has changed for the good here in the northeast.

Also when I bought my Z I knew that It would see some track time and autox so that's where my performance is geared towards. I tried a straight line and couldn't get into it but I was hit hard by the autox bug and love it. So there for I purchased some nice coilovers. I had stance pro comp 2 coilovers custom made for the 370Z since they only made them for the 350z. They are double adjustable true type. To back that up I purchased spl rear camber arms and toe arms to delete the spring perch. I mounted the rear external oil res. where the springs used to be and up front on the gen III tubes till I can prove that position doesn't work.

I also did alittle front end mod to have more airflow into my gen III intakes. I cut slits like the stillen front bumper. I don't have any qualitative data to say that it made a difference but I also like the way it looks now.

Hope you enjoy so far, I will be doing my first autox this year this sat April 12 with CARTCT club in Hartford CT so I will update this with my new set up and videos of the event. Which reminds me I also am getting a quaife LSD put in on Tuesday April 8th 2014. I can't wait. Some things that are on my list is SPL front arms, replace all my bushings with SPL and or whiteline, square 18in enkei NT03 10.5 all around and some nice rubber, aeromotions rear wing, front splitter, rear diffuser, and some big brakes!

Stance Pro Comp 2 review

My YouTube channel

Last edited by Masterbeatty; 05-11-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Masterbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote