View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #358 (permalink)
pbs370z
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z, Sport Pkg
pbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond reputepbs370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc1884 View Post
Pull the fuse people!!!! End of discussion.
2010Z
Intelligent Key light flashes: Not the end of discussion for me. I pulled the fuse. Still no start. Engine cranks but wont start. All other accessories seem ok.

Update: Found it to be nothing more than low battery in Key!

I was miles from home (or any store that might have a battery, of course), so I tried everything I could think of as I was stranded out in the middle of nowhere Colorado. The posts and blogs that
I read really led me down the wrong road, making me think I had some module failure or problem. Well, after having the wife come out and rescue me with my truck and a nice long tow rope, we began the long trek back home on the back roads toward home. About halfway home I remembered about the spare key I had the wife bring (along with various tools). So, just for the helluvit, I got the key from wifey and voila! Car started right up like magic. I was both pizzed and relieved at the same time. A low battery in this electronic key was the last thing I suspected, as it was still locking/unlocking the doors from a 100 ft away and allowing the engine to crank. Only that pesky little Intelligent Key red warning light was flashing. All I can imagine is that it requires a little more battery voltage to enable the engine to actually start. Different transmitter circuit in the Key? Heck if I know. I only wish the owner's manual had been a little more helpful and suggested that it could be a low battery condition in the key. What a fiasco!

Also: according to user's manual, there should have been a key low battery indicator warning light which I did not have. So, I have to assume there's some sort of bug in the software or hardware of my Intelligent Key system.

Last edited by pbs370z; 04-12-2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: more info
pbs370z is offline   Reply With Quote