View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 AM   #345 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
please post proof when making claims like this

my short rams intake 8 above ambient when moving at any speed above 25mph

for the most part i think people should buy a CAI, but if one truly wants a SRI or is given one like i was, it doesnt mean its bad and wont perform, heat shielded or not
I know you "gained" power with your SRIs.
Did you run at a dyno? I forgot.

If you did, was your hood open? If so, you can stop saying your WAIs make power.

Datalogging several days doesn't equate to much if there is no SOP, especially when trying to prove out that WAIs are beneficial over stock.

There is no reason an intake sitting inside the engine bay makes power over stock boxes (let's say with K&N panel filters so we don't start arguing over flow)
And when I say no reason, I mean NO REASON. The stock boxes pull in outside side through the radiator support. SRIs, ESPECIALLY non shielded ones EXCLUSIVELY pull warm to hot air that has either flowed through the 180 degree radiator and/or has been heated by the engine.