View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Thanks for all the input guys. I made an appointment for this Saturday to have the car checked out again. I figure I'll give the dealership that I bought the car from one more chance. I will insist on them running some diagnostics and see if they cant figure it out. If I'm not satisfied I'll go elsewhere. As for the noise, I have not ruled out the heat shield yet but I find it unlikely given that running an octane booster greatly diminished the metallic noise. This could always be the placebo effect but I pretty certain this is the case.

I'll try to keep you guys updated if I find out any new information. In the mean time feel free to chime in if you can think of any more causes or are experiencing the same issue. I would like to hear some input from some of our AZ members to see if they are experiencing the same thing. I know AZ is prone to running different blends of gasoline through out the year to cut down on emissions. I am curious if this could be the cause.
In reference to different blends of gas - that happens everywhere, AFIAK.

Around here, we have a "winter" blend, that runs poorly in my motorcycle, and a blend that is used the rest of the year. I try and fill my tank around this time of year with stations that aren't as busy as others, in the hopes they still have the good stuff. Then in spring, I hit the stations that are busy in the hopes that they've cycled out the bad stuff.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote