Thread: Leasing a 370z
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Advantage to leasing us that you're only paying for the part of the car you're using rather than the whole car up front and hoping you get it out later when you sell it. Disadvantage is that it's not your car to modify. Me, leasing is great as I have exactly zero interest in mods and I do like the option of walking away at the end of the lease. I leased my last Z (2011 Sport/Touring). Residual value was $21,000 at the end of 39 months, KBB was $28,000. Buy it, resell it, pocket $7000.
But you can mod. I'd never turn in a lease where someone will go over it with a comb. You just trade it in like any normal trade-in on a new car. They will give you whatever they think its worth parts added or not. Normal people always remove the parts though and sell them for cash.